White Oak Tree and Landscape, LLC Job Openings
A Professional Tree & Landscaping Company
Current positions available
Groundsman position available immediately
Tree Climber position available immediately
Click HERE for the online job application
Previous experience is helpful but we are willing to train groundsmen.
Skills and responsibilities for the Groundsman include, but are not limited to:
- Be a reliable member of the team responsive to audio/visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support.
- Be able to foresee needed or requested tools and get them quickly up to the climber.
- Safety for all types of equipment used.
- Keep the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down in tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone.
- Have knowledge and ability to assist with proper pruning of shrubs and ornamental trees.
- Set up tools and traffic cones in appropriate areas.
- Make sure climber’s lines are kept clear while in the tree.
- Place the White Oak road sign in a visible location on the property.
- Fill equipment correctly with proper fuel and oil for the specific piece of equipment.
The Groundsman should also have sound knowledge of:
- Chain Saw Sharpening & Maintenance.
- Safe Chipper operation & maintenance.
- Riggings used in Tree work i.e.: Rope Breaks and Speed Lines, knowledge of tree industry knots.
Tree Climber position:
We are currently looking for a tree climber. We would expect candidates to have a minimum of 3 years in the Tree Care industry with solid climbing and pruning skills. We are looking for a team player who is also willing to do general landscaping as well. We place high value on license and certifications but they are not necessary.
Skills & Abilities must include:
- Performs all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of each specific job as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to identify or learn to identify specific trees and shrubs.
- Uses all protective gear when on the job.
- Adheres to all safety practices and policies of this company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Responsible to carry out all duties given by supervisor.
- Attention to detail is extremely important in order to give our clients the highest quality care.
General requirements for ALL positions:
- Positive attitude and desire to work are most important.
- Additional duties will include shrub and tree planting, lawn & sod installation and landscape installation.
- Current CT driver’s license with a clean driving history and reliable daily transportation.
Groundsman is expected to use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) made available to them on the job site. This includes helmet, hearing protection, safety glasses, chain saw chaps, gloves, etc. Worker is expected to wear sturdy boots, long pants, clothing appropriate for weather conditions, as well as a company shirt (provided by our company). A neat general appearance is expected.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds over various types of terrain and be willing to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests.
Compensation based on experience and motivation.
Call 203-654-6345 and email resume and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org