A study in Portland, Oregon showed increased values between $1688 and $19,958.
Click HERE to read article
Here are some of the those benefits
1. The obvious aesthetic enhancements
2. Improve air quality
3. Sequester carbon by absorbing carbon dioxide
4. Increases oxygen in the air through photosynthesis
5. Reduce storm water runoff and erosion by absorbing water through the root system and deflecting rain as it falls to the ground.
6. Trees cool the air through transpiration which is the releasing of water vapors through the leaves during hot weather
7. Provide shade that cools buildings and saves cooling utility expenses, especially from shade trees planted on the southern and western sides of buildings.
9. Well placed evergreen trees act as wind breaks which also can help reduce heating costs
10. Trees can help shade and protect pavements and other hardscapes from the degrading effects of the sun which can help reduce replacement and maintenance costs
11. Trees can block unwanted views
12. Recent studies have shown stress reduction, shorter healing times for people, and improved behavior in children from settings with trees.
These are the positives of having trees on property, but it is also important to maintain them properly in order to maintain their health and beauty. Risk management is also very important as trees and branches can fail and drop to the ground causing damage to property or people. But these issues can be managed through a proper tree management program of regular tree evaluation, pruning, cabling, fertilization and pest control.